data download from battery powered device

Started by Jonathan Bosch March 31, 2004

I am looking for options for downloading data from a battery powered
device.  The scenario is roughly as follows:  The battery powered device
(Rabbit 3000 based) collects data ( perhaps 64k ) which is periodically
downloaded from system by "walk-around" data collector using a hand-held
device.  Physical
connection to system should be uncomplicated meaning not having to open
the system housing or connect to delicate connectors.

a few brief suggestions/technology options would be greatly
appreciated.....

Thanks!

"Jonathan Bosch" <newton@easystreet.com> wrote in message
> > > I am looking for options for downloading data from a battery powered > device. The scenario is roughly as follows: The battery powered device > (Rabbit 3000 based) collects data ( perhaps 64k ) which is periodically > downloaded from system by "walk-around" data collector using a hand-held > device. Physical > connection to system should be uncomplicated meaning not having to open > the system housing or connect to delicate connectors. > > a few brief suggestions/technology options would be greatly > appreciated..... > > Thanks! > >
Infra red seems like a pretty good choice to me. It doesn't have to be two way, maybe have a press button on the device to start the transfer. Or if you want wires I2C can be brought out on a jack socket. Peter --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.629 / Virus Database: 403 - Release Date: 17/03/04
Bluetooth? Maybe look into the TDK Bluetooth modules... Steve http://www.fivetrees.com http://www.sfdesign.co.uk