How can I solder those chips on pcb board?

Started by Yu Fu March 24, 2004
Hello everyone,

I am trying to solder some chips on the pcb board I designed, but the pins
on the chip is really small and spacing between them is small too, could
someone tell me how to solder this chips? and I am going to extract all
the chip into breadboad level, for example, make pins connect to stand
connector, so i can add more connections or remove, if my design
is bad, and I can test it, This is what I done before for a 68008 chip on
breadboard. Thanks, If you could point me to some resources, that would be
terrific too. thanks again,

Yours,

"Yu Fu" <fu@oitunix.oit.umass.edu> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to solder some chips on the pcb board I designed, but the pins > on the chip is really small and spacing between them is small too, could > someone tell me how to solder this chips? and I am going to extract all > the chip into breadboad level, for example, make pins connect to stand > connector, so i can add more connections or remove, if my design > is bad, and I can test it, This is what I done before for a 68008 chip on > breadboard. Thanks, If you could point me to some resources, that would be > terrific too. thanks again,
Tack down two opposite corner leads of the chip, making sure that it is positioned correctly. Apply plenty of liquid flux to the leads. Put a small blob of solder on the soldering iron tip and drag it along one row of leads. Repeat for other rows. Remove solder bridges with desolder braid and remake any suspect joints. Leon
"Yu Fu" <fu@oitunix.oit.umass.edu> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to solder some chips on the pcb board I designed, but the pins > on the chip is really small and spacing between them is small too, could > someone tell me how to solder this chips? and I am going to extract all > the chip into breadboad level, for example, make pins connect to stand > connector, so i can add more connections or remove, if my design > is bad, and I can test it, This is what I done before for a 68008 chip on > breadboard. Thanks, If you could point me to some resources, that would be > terrific too. thanks again, > > > Yours, >
There's a pretty good article on SMD soldering at http://www.avrfreaks.net/ Rob

Memfault Beyond the Launch