Emulation debug port fail!!

Started by Praveen Deshpande March 19, 2004
Hi All,

we are using MPC7410 based hardware.For debuging we are using
Lauterbach Trace32 ICD. During System "UP" command we are getting
message "Emulation debug Port Failed". Can anyone tell me what could
be the possible reason ??

Thanks in Advance.

regards,
Praveen Deshpande
Do you always get this erro or in certain cases?
Usually it comes due to incorrect/missing BDM connections. Power supply
failure. etc.

"Praveen Deshpande" <praveendeshpande2@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All, > > we are using MPC7410 based hardware.For debuging we are using > Lauterbach Trace32 ICD. During System "UP" command we are getting > message "Emulation debug Port Failed". Can anyone tell me what could > be the possible reason ?? > > Thanks in Advance. > > regards, > Praveen Deshpande
Hi ,

I am getting this error very consistently whenever I try to do system
'UP'.
But when I do 'Attach' and then 'Break',it shows 'pc' at
0xFFF0700(program exception)and system is up.I get similar results
when I do system 'Go' and 'Break'.
As far as BDM connection and powersupply are concerned they are  same
as what we had been using for powerpc-750.PowerPC-750 and
PowerPC-7410 are footprint compatible with some minor changes of
signals and power pins.
I have been using Trace-32 for PowerPC-750 with same BDM connector
cktry and its working fine.

Can you please tell me what may the most probable reasons for this
error.In which area of BDM connections I should probe.

Waiting for ur reply.

Best regards

Praveen Deshpande