Serial Communication

Started by V. Chandrasekhar March 7, 2004
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am using Realterm and it is working quite well. I had a bit of
trouble sending messages initially but the following seems to work:

0x44 0x44 2 1 0xBC

The space between bytes seems to be important.

The only problem I noticed was this: When you right click, it shows
the properties of the connection. The displayed baud rate seems to be
57K, no matter what I set it to.

Shaker
I'm staring to play with realterm as well, seems you have to set the options
you want,baud,bits,etc. in the command line of the properties of the 'icon'
you click to run the program. It doesn't have a 'startup file' as such. So
if you have 4 different requirements, you need to create 4 different
versions of realterm.
hth

"V. Chandrasekhar" <shakervc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for all the suggestions. > > I am using Realterm and it is working quite well. I had a bit of > trouble sending messages initially but the following seems to work: > > 0x44 0x44 2 1 0xBC > > The space between bytes seems to be important. > > The only problem I noticed was this: When you right click, it shows > the properties of the connection. The displayed baud rate seems to be > 57K, no matter what I set it to. > > Shaker
Send a note to the author if you think you've found a bug.

Memfault Beyond the Launch