Microcontroller with integrated ethernet?

Started by Mike V. March 4, 2004
Hi, I was wondering on anyone's experiences with the new low end (i.e.
8 bit) microcontrollers with integrated ethernet.

All I can think of are the following:
1. eZ80 Acclaim from Zilog.
2. DS80C400 (an 8051 core) with integrated ethernet.

I need to accomplish connectivity of embedded industrial devices to a
LAN, but would like to eliminate the need for extra nic chips outside
the micro.

The chips above look like they're around $10 to $15 in large
quantities. Do I have any other alternatives for built in ethernet
micros? Perhaps an ARM7TDMI?

Basically I would like a  microcontroller below $15 with integrated
ethernet.
Thanks,
Mike
MPC852, it costs about $8-9.

On 4 Mar 2004 17:10:15 -0800, valemike@yahoo.com (Mike V.) wrote:

>I need to accomplish connectivity of embedded industrial devices to a >LAN, but would like to eliminate the need for extra nic chips outside >the micro. > >The chips above look like they're around $10 to $15 in large >quantities. Do I have any other alternatives for built in ethernet >micros? Perhaps an ARM7TDMI?
Samsung S3C4510B has this but needs external memory. I've seen them below US$8 in volume. They are in many of the low cost routers/switches. We've used them with pleasure. Stephen -- Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@INVALID.mpeltd.demon.co.uk MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 web: http://www.mpeltd.demon.co.uk - free VFX Forth downloads
valemike@yahoo.com (Mike V.) wrote:

>Hi, I was wondering on anyone's experiences with the new low end (i.e. >8 bit) microcontrollers with integrated ethernet. > >All I can think of are the following: >1. eZ80 Acclaim from Zilog. >2. DS80C400 (an 8051 core) with integrated ethernet. > >I need to accomplish connectivity of embedded industrial devices to a >LAN, but would like to eliminate the need for extra nic chips outside >the micro. > >The chips above look like they're around $10 to $15 in large >quantities. Do I have any other alternatives for built in ethernet >micros? Perhaps an ARM7TDMI? > >Basically I would like a microcontroller below $15 with integrated >ethernet.
The Century Semiconductor CS6208 is an excellent 8051 with on-chip 10/100 Ethernet (including 10baseT transceiver), but I don't have the volume pricing. See http://www.keil.com/dd/chip/3481.htm Jeremy Bentham Iosoft Ltd.

Memfault Beyond the Launch