Open source (pref) assymetric crypto C library for ARM Cortex M3 ?

Started by Unknown November 25, 2014
Hi,

Question as title :  I have an existing product that has an ARM Cortex M3 CPU and which I need to retrofit with assymetric crypto to send small amounts of encrypted data.  The CPU I am landed with doen't have a crypto module available and cannot be changed so I need a C library that can do assymetric crypto (key exchange etc) and still run, even if slowly) in a restricted memory space on a small ARM CPU.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mike
http://cypherbridge.com/ProductsServices.html#uCrypt_Toolkit Comes as source code, but not open source. -- (Remove the obvious prefix to reply privately.) Gemaakt met Opera's e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/
mikedavies621@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Question as title : I have an existing product that has an ARM Cortex M3
CPU and which I need to retrofit with assymetric crypto to send small amounts of encrypted data. The CPU I am landed with doen't have a crypto module available and cannot be changed so I need a C library that can do assymetric crypto (key exchange etc) and still run, even if slowly) in a restricted memory space on a small ARM CPU. axTLS library (http://axtls.sourceforge.net/) or maybe its inclusion in ethernut sourceforge /p/ethernut/code/trunk/nut/crypto and www.ethernut.de BSD/GNU Licensed Bye -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
On 11/25/2014 5:23 PM, mikedavies621@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi, > > Question as title : I have an existing product that has an ARM Cortex M3 > CPU and which I need to retrofit with assymetric crypto to send small > amounts of encrypted data. The CPU I am landed with doen't have a crypto > module available and cannot be changed so I need a C library that can do > assymetric crypto (key exchange etc) and still run, even if slowly) in a > restricted memory space on a small ARM CPU.
"Small" is a relative term. Likewise, how secure do you need the crypto functions? Tried sci.crypt for guidance as to algorithms appropriate for your data and environment? And Schneier's text is an excellent place from which to extract ideas/algorithms. Have you looked at things like sshd(8) to see what you might be able to lift from the sources? (And, you may wish to consider the consequences when/if exploits are "made known" for any approach you take -- will you be able to live with them? And/or *patch* ex post factum??)

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference