Microprocessor & full fledged RS232

Started by QBA February 17, 2004
Hello,

I need an eval. board preferably with 68HC11/12 that has full fledged RS232,
most importantly RTS and parity manipulations -- changing mark parity to
space parity from one byte to next. Do you know any such eval. board?

Thanks!

QBA

"QBA" <ching_wang@REMOVE.THE.OBVIOUS.alltel.net> wrote in message
> Hello, > > I need an eval. board preferably with 68HC11/12 that has full fledged
RS232,
> most importantly RTS and parity manipulations -- changing mark parity to > space parity from one byte to next. Do you know any such eval. board? > > Thanks! > > QBA >
Most boards with a RS232 port will have RTS signals, controlled by a port pin on the microcontroller (i.e., you need to activate it yourself - you don't get automatic hardware handshaking). Also, most microcontrollers do not have parity generation as such, but many allow 9-bit characters. It amounts to the same thing - the ninth bit is in the same place as a parity bit, and you can control it directly from your software.

Memfault Beyond the Launch