Codewarrior for DSP56F8300 Demo Board

Started by Gary Kato December 15, 2003
Anyone else have trouble trying to get this to install properly? I install then
reboot and instead of the desktop drawing, I get a blank desktop and a dialog
saying "Program Error. not enough space for environment". When I click on the
Close button, nothing happens, so I reboot to safe mode and uninstall. Anyone
else had this problem?
In article <20031215110648.01860.00000970@mb-m18.aol.com>,
 garykato@aol.com (Gary Kato) wrote:

>Anyone else have trouble trying to get this to install properly? I install then >reboot and instead of the desktop drawing, I get a blank desktop and a dialog >saying "Program Error. not enough space for environment". When I click on the >Close button, nothing happens, so I reboot to safe mode and uninstall. Anyone >else had this problem?
I believe you also checked with our support staff and they replied with this. 1. Check the length of the PATH env. variable. There is a bug in older versions of MWRegSvrsWinApp and MWRegSvr that causes a crasher is the PATH is relatively long. If it is of a pretty good length, then go through and see if anything can be stripped out that is not needed. If that still doesn't help, then what you can do it save all the non-windows parts of it somewhere, and then take them off. Then run regservers.bat which is under C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior for DSP56800 6.0\bin. Once it runs successfully, but all the extra PATH entries you stripped out back in it. Depending on the OS, you may have to reboot the machine between PATH changes in order for it to be picked up. 2. The link for the updater is an incorrect address. We are working on a newer updater that will resolve the link correctly. Until then people need to go directly to our download web page and look in the updates and patches for their product and download it manually. http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/default.asp Also, The basic system environment requirements 128M RAM and at least 600MB hard disk space. If it's possible, we recommend to have 256M at least. I hope this helps, Ron -- Metrowerks wishes you and yours Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays Get Geekware and Software http://store.metrowerks.com Shop our online store and get free shipping until Dec 31 Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
Thanks, Ron. I did receive the email from MW Support. I must have eliminated
the offending line as my system does boot properly once more. Got my license
file and it seems to be working.

One complaint about this setup. Why does it run something at boot time to try
and establish a link to the DSP board at boot time? Why not just do that on
Codewarrior startup? It's just one more thing I have to search around Windows
to eliminate.

In article <20031216215947.13604.00001011@mb-m10.aol.com>,
 garykato@aol.com (Gary Kato) wrote:

>Thanks, Ron. I did receive the email from MW Support. I must have eliminated >the offending line as my system does boot properly once more. Got my license >file and it seems to be working. > >One complaint about this setup. Why does it run something at boot time to try >and establish a link to the DSP board at boot time? Why not just do that on >Codewarrior startup? It's just one more thing I have to search around Windows >to eliminate.
I think it is an OS issue not a CodeWarrior issue serial ports and ports have to be established prior to the OS loading. Ron -- Metrowerks wishes you and yours Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays Get Geekware and Software http://store.metrowerks.com Shop our online store and get free shipping until Dec 31 Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
MW Ron <mwron@metrowerks.com> wrote in message news:<mwron-13D7A8.10062416122003@enews.newsguy.com>...
> 2. The link for the updater is an incorrect address. We are working on > a newer updater that will resolve the link correctly. Until then people > need to go directly to our download web page and look in the updates and > patches for their product and download it manually. > > http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/default.asp
Does Metrowerks plan on providing command-line tools for this family? There don't appear to be any in the install ... --Andrew
>Does Metrowerks plan on providing command-line tools for this family? > >There don't appear to be any in the install ... >
They aren't under bin. In the "DSP56800x_EABI_Tools" directory, you should see a directory called "Command_Line_Tools".
garykato@aol.com (Gary Kato) wrote in message news:<20031223115248.14243.00001840@mb-m28.aol.com>...
> They aren't under bin. In the "DSP56800x_EABI_Tools" directory, you should see > a directory called "Command_Line_Tools".
Hi Gary ... are you using the CW + DSP56800 starter kit ("DSP56F800DEMO")? That's what I have, and there's no such directory. I'm pretty sure I did a Full Install or whatever ... --Andrew
>Hi Gary ... are you using the CW + DSP56800 starter kit >("DSP56F800DEMO")? >
I'm using what came with the Motorola DSP56F8300 Demo Board. In the Help menu, it calls itself "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Motorola DSP56800/E Hybrid Controllers, version 6.0".
garykato@aol.com (Gary Kato) wrote in message news:<20031228010427.23043.00001087@mb-m27.aol.com>...
> >Hi Gary ... are you using the CW + DSP56800 starter kit > >("DSP56F800DEMO")? > > > > I'm using what came with the Motorola DSP56F8300 Demo Board. In the Help menu, > it calls itself "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Motorola DSP56800/E Hybrid > Controllers, version 6.0".
Ah ... I've got v5.x. Will upgrade and see if that fixes it. Thanks! --Andrew