Ethernet chip with serial port

Started by Roger February 3, 2005
I need an Ethernet interface chip (10M will do) but instead of a normal
parallel memory mapped connection to a uC, I'd like to use either I2C or
SPI. Does anyone know of any devices that use a serial interface?

TIA.

Rog.

"Roger" <rogerwilson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I need an Ethernet interface chip (10M will do) but instead of a normal > parallel memory mapped connection to a uC, I'd like to use either I2C or > SPI. Does anyone know of any devices that use a serial interface?
You might want to take a look at the Lantronix Xport device, ethernet on one end, serial async port on the other. It will also allow you to download custom applications, the entire TCP/IP stack is available through an API. Meindert
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:40:55 GMT, "Roger" <rogerwilson@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I need an Ethernet interface chip (10M will do) but instead of a normal >parallel memory mapped connection to a uC, I'd like to use either I2C or >SPI. Does anyone know of any devices that use a serial interface? >
Yes, The Wiznet W3100A has got an I2C port. Regards Anton Erasmus
In article <b7vMd.728$tE4.712@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, Roger wrote:
> I need an Ethernet interface chip (10M will do) but instead of a normal > parallel memory mapped connection to a uC, I'd like to use either I2C or > SPI. Does anyone know of any devices that use a serial interface?
Microchip's ENC28J60 has an SPI interface. -- John W. Temples, III
Have a look at this

http://www.beck-ipc.com/ipc/index.asp?sp=en

Best regards, Juergen