[ANN] Atmel DIOPSiS ARM+DSP Design Contest 2005 for Universities

Started by Ulf Samuelsson February 26, 2005
Atmel has launched the DIOPSiS DSP Design Contest 2005
http://www.atmelroma.it/contest/index.php

First price is 6000Euro.

Atmel will be happy to have Universities andd Colleges participating in the
contest.

By combining a floating-point VLIW digital signal processor core with an
ARM7 microcontroller on the same chip, Atmel Corp. adds a new wrinkle in an
already intensely competitive DSP solutions arena.
The AT572D740 Diopsis dual processor at 100 MHz delivers 1 billion
floating-point operations per second (1 GFLOPS) and 1.5 GOPS total. There
are also lots of peripherals functions and memory embedded on chip. There
are two SPI serial ports, two USARTS, a timer counter, watchdog, parallel
I/O port (PIO), peripheral data controller, 8 ADC and 8 DAC interfaces,
clock generator and interrupt controller".

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Is the JTST board generally available? Leon -- Leon Heller, G1HSM http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller
It has been around for some time but have no clue of the current stock level. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Leon Heller wrote:

> Is the JTST board generally available?
And what is the resolution and available sample rates of the four A/D/A I/O channels? Thanks, Bob -- "Things should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler." A. Einstein
It is just the interface so you need external ADC/DAC. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB