Philips PDIUSBD12 Cannot Poll the interrupt Register

Started by MartinGreen March 9, 2005
Hi,
I am using the Philips PDIUSBD12.
I am polling the device since I cannot use the interrupt pin.
The part seems to work most of the time though it occassionally gives
bad IN packets during enumeration.
I also can only poll the interrupt register once after enumeration to
see if I am getting an OUT packet.  If I poll the interrupt register
after enumeration then I start sending bad or invalid IN packets, does
anyone have any idea what might cause the bad packets after
enumeration?

Thanks,
Martin Green

"MartinGreen" <martin_green@snet.net> wrote in message
> Hi, > I am using the Philips PDIUSBD12. > I am polling the device since I cannot use the interrupt pin. > The part seems to work most of the time though it occassionally gives > bad IN packets during enumeration. > I also can only poll the interrupt register once after enumeration to > see if I am getting an OUT packet. If I poll the interrupt register > after enumeration then I start sending bad or invalid IN packets, does > anyone have any idea what might cause the bad packets after > enumeration?
This chip is very buggy and a royal PITA to work with. I have written drivers for 4 different USB slave chips and this one is just horrible. But first and formost: Do you have the address/data bus timing right? It needs some very long delays (500-600 ns). See table 17 and figure 18 in the datasheet. Leo Havm&#4294967295;ller.
Hi,
Thanks for writing back.
I did as you asked and checked the timing, I am using an embedded 8051,
the fastest I can do anything is ~500uS and I looked at the long
delays, I am well within spec.
The wierd thing is that I can do all the enumeration (although I get
bad packets), but if I poll the interrupt register it gets messed up.

I appreciate your response, maybe you can shed some more light on this
problem.

Thanks,
Martin

In article <422fde9b$0$21754$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk>,
Leo Havm&#4294967295;ller <leh@-nospam-rtx.dk> wrote:
>This chip is very buggy and a royal PITA to work with. I have written >drivers for 4 different USB slave chips and this one is just horrible. >But first and formost: Do you have the address/data bus timing right? It >needs some very long delays (500-600 ns). See table 17 and figure 18 in the >datasheet.
Interesting to hear. I was just looking at the PDIUSBD11 or -12 for something. Maybe I'd better look at some more alternatives. Do you have better experiences with some other USB slave chips of this sort? -- Wim Lewis <wiml@hhhh.org>, Seattle, WA, USA. PGP keyID 27F772C1
Hi,
unfortuneatley this is the only chip I have tried to act as an external
usb device.
Martin