key steps to get c-file debugging info into AVRStudio 4

Started by Joe March 14, 2005
Meindert Sprang wrote:

>"Richard M." <richard@imagecraft.com> wrote in message >news:113er91out06mc1@corp.supernews.com... > > >>Not sure what you mean here. We switched to use HTML Webwork help on V7, >> >> > >Mmm..... and now it takes 6 seconds on my 2.4GHz machine to show the first >help page, as opposed to less than 1 second in V6.... But apart from that: a >great compiler and IDE! :-) > >Meindert > > >
Don't you know we get kickback from Microsoft and Intel!! :-) Unfortunately, old WinHelp is not "recommended" by Microsoft anymore, that plus other reasons (we can now maintain more or less single source Help source amongst all the products that we support with some "conditional" text) so we have to switch. Framemaker/Webwork combo is not ideal, but it does solve some problems. Sorry for the slow down though. -- // richard http://www.imagecraft.com
> Don't you know we get kickback from Microsoft and Intel!! :-)
Really? :-))
> Unfortunately, old WinHelp is not "recommended" by Microsoft anymore, > that plus other reasons (we can now maintain more or less single source > Help source amongst all the products that we support with some > "conditional" text) so we have to switch. Framemaker/Webwork combo is > not ideal, but it does solve some problems. Sorry for the slow down
though. I see. Well thanks for explaining. I can see the benefits: we also maintain a single-source codebase for 6 products... Meindert

Glad to be able to help out .. You cound/should actually have gone to the www.avfreaks.net in the forum -> AVR GCC section. The avr-libc maintainer and the WinAVR maintainer is verry active there. Btw: There are at least one correction to the "Memory usage script" , used by WinAVR to tell about free/used resources on the chip compiled for. Regards Carsten