USB Flash memory stick

Started by nage...@gmail.com March 17, 2005
Hi,
My Mass storage class driver (on the host side) has to support the
access to "USB flash memory stick device".
Do I need to support both "bulk-only" and "control_bulk_interrupt"?

suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.
Nagendran V

nagendran.v@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, > My Mass storage class driver (on the host side) has to support the > access to "USB flash memory stick device". > Do I need to support both "bulk-only" and "control_bulk_interrupt"?
It depends upon the particular "USB flash memory stick device" that you are using. This "protocol" information is found in one of the descriptors (device?), which you can examine using an system specific tools while the device is plugged into a PC. Under Linux, you can use the "lsusb" command to look at the descriptors. -- Michael N. Moran (h) 770 516 7918 5009 Old Field Ct. (c) 678 521 5460 Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144 http://mnmoran.org "So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key." The Eagles, "Already Gone" The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
"Michael N. Moran" <mnmoran@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> nagendran.v@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi, > > My Mass storage class driver (on the host side) has to support the > > access to "USB flash memory stick device". > > Do I need to support both "bulk-only" and "control_bulk_interrupt"? > > It depends upon the particular "USB flash memory stick device" > that you are using. This "protocol" information is found > in one of the descriptors (device?), which you can examine > using an system specific tools while the device is plugged > into a PC. > > Under Linux, you can use the "lsusb" command to look at the > descriptors. >
Is there a similar tool to use under XP?
> Is there a similar tool to use under XP?
I think there are some windows based tools like CATC USBTracer, HHD USB Monitor e.t.c, but i never used them for this purpose. regards, srinivas