Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software

Started by Anton Erasmus March 25, 2005
Hi,

The following link for Schematic and PCB editing software has been
posted on the lpc2000 yahoo group.

http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

Looks like it runs under both Linux and Windows. The documentation is
mostly in French, and it looks like they are looking for people to
help translate the documentation into English.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

"Anton Erasmus" <nobody@spam.prevent.net> wrote in message
> Hi, > > The following link for Schematic and PCB editing software has been > posted on the lpc2000 yahoo group. > > http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/ > > Looks like it runs under both Linux and Windows. The documentation is > mostly in French, and it looks like they are looking for people to > help translate the documentation into English. > > Regards > Anton Erasmus
Here's a repost of another PCB post that you might be interested in. I get plenty of email from it, so it's an active group. Maybe you could get someone in that Yahoo group interested. I could not find much info on users of FreePCB, so I started a Yahoo group. FreePCB is an open source program for PCB layout. It works with a PADSPCB netlist from any schematic package. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreePCB/ Come check it out and let us know if you are a user. http://www.freepcb.com/
Anton Erasmus wrote:

> Hi, > > The following link for Schematic and PCB editing software has been > posted on the lpc2000 yahoo group. > > http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/ > > Looks like it runs under both Linux and Windows. The documentation is > mostly in French, and it looks like they are looking for people to > help translate the documentation into English. > > Regards > Anton Erasmus
Looks a lot more complete and platform independent than that FreePCB rubbish some idiot keeps plastering the usenet with. Ian -- Ian Bell
Ian Bell wrote:
> Anton Erasmus wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > The following link for Schematic and PCB editing software has been > > posted on the lpc2000 yahoo group. > > > > http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/ > > > > Looks like it runs under both Linux and Windows. The documentation
is
> > mostly in French, and it looks like they are looking for people to > > help translate the documentation into English. > > > > Regards > > Anton Erasmus > > Looks a lot more complete and platform independent than that FreePCB
rubbish
> some idiot keeps plastering the usenet with.
Don't hold back Ian, tell us how you *really* feel! 8-*
BTW, I forgot to mention that the membership at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreePCB/ is up to 110 now. This is the fastest growing group I have ever started. Obviously some people think it is an interesting and useful offering. BTW Ian, I'm curious, what layout package do you use?
rickman wrote:

> > Don't hold back Ian, tell us how you *really* feel! > > 8-*
He He ;-) Ian -- Ian Bell