JTAG emulators

Started by Andy Chan April 4, 2005
Hi,

  I am trying to find a JTAG emulator for a new project which uses a
ARM7 processor.  I am considering several vendors, such as Lauterbach
(Trace32 ICD), Macraigor (Wiggler, Raven, usbDemon, mpDemon), Emutec
(DebugJet), Hitex (Tantino), Embest, Nohau, EPI, SigNum, ...etc.  The
emulator has to support multi-core.

  If anyone has use the JTAG emulator from these vendors, can you
please tell me your experience with them?  Thanks in advance.

regards,
Andy
Andy Chan wrote:
> Hi, > > I am trying to find a JTAG emulator for a new project which uses a > ARM7 processor. I am considering several vendors, such as Lauterbach > (Trace32 ICD), Macraigor (Wiggler, Raven, usbDemon, mpDemon), Emutec > (DebugJet), Hitex (Tantino), Embest, Nohau, EPI, SigNum, ...etc. The > emulator has to support multi-core. > > If anyone has use the JTAG emulator from these vendors, can you > please tell me your experience with them? Thanks in advance. > > regards, > Andy
Hi Andy, 1. For your first JTAG uses, you have to use the ARM Debug ValuePack from Amontec. The ARM Debug ValuePack includes the Chameleon POD. The Chameleon POD can be configured as a true Macraigor Raven or Macraigor Wiggler (Raven can generate JTAG interface 30x faster than the Wiggler). Raven and Wiggler are supported by GNU GDB software, Greenhills, IAR debuggers ... 2. Abatron, Abatron2000 still stays with the best performance Regads, Laurent
"Andy Chan" <andychan1998@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I am trying to find a JTAG emulator for a new project which uses a > ARM7 processor. I am considering several vendors, such as Lauterbach > (Trace32 ICD), Macraigor (Wiggler, Raven, usbDemon, mpDemon), Emutec > (DebugJet), Hitex (Tantino), Embest, Nohau, EPI, SigNum, ...etc. The > emulator has to support multi-core. > > If anyone has use the JTAG emulator from these vendors, can you > please tell me your experience with them? Thanks in advance.
The Wiggler works OK, but is slow. You can make your own JTAG interface that works like the Wiggler quite easily, I've put my design in the LPC2000 Yahoo group Files area. Leon -- Leon Heller, G1HSM http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference