UART

Started by Nayanip April 17, 2005
Hello
I am working on a communication programme on PC which should work i
the old DOS mode and am using Turbo'c'. The baudrate needed i
115200.  How does one set this baud rate (bioscom does not support)
the mother board is about three years old so I guess it may be havin
16550. Can any one suggest where I can get documentation on this IC
I tried interrupt to receive and it works OK in win2K, dos mode an
does not work on win98 os mode!!! why is this happening? Thanks i
advance for the help

Regard

"Nayanip" <nps@spectrasmart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello, > I am working on a communication programme on PC which should work in > the old DOS mode and am using Turbo'c'. The baudrate needed is > 115200. How does one set this baud rate (bioscom does not support) ?
By writing the appropriate chip registers.
> the mother board is about three years old so I guess it may be having > 16550. Can any one suggest where I can get documentation on this IC?
Ehhr, google? "16550 pdf" Only 54.000 hits or so... :-)
> I tried interrupt to receive and it works OK in win2K, dos mode and > does not work on win98 os mode!!! why is this happening? Thanks in > advance for the help.
Not sure. It should work. Many years ago I wrote a TurboPascal unit for this kind of comms and this worked on all windows versions from 95 to 2000. Haven't tried it on XP yet. You may download it from http://www.customware.nl/source/comm.pas and use it as you please. Meindert
Nayanip <nps@spectrasmart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
> Hello, > I am working on a communication programme on PC which should work in > the old DOS mode and am using Turbo'c'. The baudrate needed is > 115200. How does one set this baud rate (bioscom does not support) ?
By writing directly to the register, or using any which serial communications library to do that for you. Trying to get this to work for a DOS program running on anything else but real, raw DOS might well prove impossible. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.