Microcontroller development board

Started by Neo April 26, 2005
I am a hardware engineer and want to get aquainted with embedded
programming by working on a microcontroller development board. I would
like to buy one for myself to experiment, so are there any sites giving
good deals on the dev boards. I would like to have suggestions on what
sort of board to go for. I know a bit of C and assembly programming.

thanks in advance

Neo wrote:
> I am a hardware engineer and want to get aquainted with embedded > programming by working on a microcontroller development board.
Try http://www.renesas.com/skp The boards are available from DigiKey (http://www.digikey.com). The SKP16C62P is only $50USD. The price includes the debug hardware as well.
New Micros (www.newmicros.com) have some good, low-cost dev boards covering
a range of the Motorola chips, AVR and Philips ARM7.
A variety of dev software - some free - is also available.
-Pete.
--

Check out my MAVRIC-IIB board: http://www.bdmicro.com/mavric-iib There are several economical C compilers available including the GNU GCC environment which is very nice. If you have any questions about the board, just let me know. -Brian -- Brian Dean BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers http://www.bdmicro.com/