MSP430 Programming problem using MSPGCC win32 pkg - help!

Started by Rob May 7, 2005
CBFalconer wrote:
> Richard wrote: >>ihex is objcopy speak for Intel Hex. > The following exercpt from ppmanual...
Thanks guys, I'm writing a converter. I'll let you know how it goes. It only really depends on whether msg430-jtag needs more than just the binary data in the ihex file.
Clifford Heath wrote:
> Thanks guys, I'm writing a converter. I'll let you know how it goes.
Well, msp430-objdump seems to be able to disassemble my file after conversion. Just gotta try msp430-jtag now. Anyone want a copy of my converter? It's a bit cheap and cheerful, but seems to work.
Clifford Heath <no@spam.please.net> wrote in

> Richard wrote: >> What format is produced by IAR EW? If it is non proprietary then I >> think you should be able to convert to ihex using >> msp430-objcopy. > > Address lines look like: > @ABCD > Data lines look likez: > 96 F1 3C 90 CC 00 02 20 5E 43 01 3C 4E 43 5E B3 > and the closing line is: > q > > That's all - easy to convert, but what format would be easiest?
that is the TI-text format, msp430-jtag can read that (with the right file extension, or force it by a command line option) the .a43 files that can be produced with IAR EW are intel hex format and msp430-jtag can handle them of course. chris -- GCC for MSP430: http://mspgcc.sf.net Chris <cliechti@gmx.net>