Nintendo Revolution will use MoSys 1T-SRAM. my thoughts

Started by nintendog May 10, 2005
http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=4846

(read the article there, it is *not* pasted below)

Revolution is apparently going to be released in mid 2006.  it will be using
MoSys 1T-SRAM for memory, like the Gamecube.

it seems that Elpida lost out on the Revolution RAM deal.

Elpida is a major provider of RAM. they're one of the RAM providers of
Rambus XDR memory for the upcoming PlayStation3.

MoSys was first selected by Nintendo in the late 1990s to make the RAM for
Dolphin (Gamecube) because of their special low-latency (fast)  1T-SRAM.

It seems Nintendo liked it enough to keep MoSys in on the successor system.

now lets hope that there is *enough* RAM in -Revolution- to make developers
happy.

It was revealed at Nintendo's Spaceworld 2000 show in Japan that the amount
of RAM in Gamecube was cut dramatically, compared to how much it was
originally supposed to have when the system was called Project Dolphin.

http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1333687339#post1333687339

"okay, you probably don't know or remember this, but, back in 1999 and upto
August 2000, the Nintendo Dolphin, which ARTX was the central hardware
developer of, was supposed to get 8 MB to 16 MB of embedded 1T-SRAM on that
Flipper GPU -- but by Spaceworld in Aug 2000, that amount was cut to 3.12
MB.

(the main system memory was changed from 32~64 MB of NEC DRAM to 24 MB of
MoSys 1T-SRAM)

Now we learn  that MoSys is again back with Nintendo for the Gamecube's
successor, the Revolution. there is almost no doubt that ATI West Coast, the
Silicon Valley design center in Santa Clara, CA is working with MoSys and
NEC to embedded some next generation 1T-SRAM onto Revolution's GPU,
codenamed 'Hollywood'.

how much baby, that is the question! "

Stop cross-posting to the PC groups. Not everyone gives a rat's ass about
your thoughts.

--

On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:25:32 -0400, First of One wrote:

> Stop cross-posting to the PC groups. Not everyone gives a rat's ass about > your thoughts.
Nor those of top-posters. -- Keith (I feel better now ;-)
For my browser, top posting is best.

please top post, folks

-Andrew M

So that means you read english bottom to top? Regards, -- #include <disclaimer.h> Christopher Miller lookoutforchris@gmail.com
Andrew M <noone@home> wrote:
: For my browser, top posting is best.
:
Top posting, x-posting idiot.  Plonk!

j.
> So that means you read english bottom to top?
No, it means his newsreader supports threads. cheers, Al
"Al Borowski" <al.borowski@EraseThis.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > So that means you read english bottom to top? > > No, it means his newsreader supports threads.
Or that it doesn't automatically jump to the bottom when some moron neglects to trim the quoted material appropriately. Top-posting is bad - ALMOST as bad as a bottom-poster who doesn't trim, and makes you wade through 300 lines of other @#$$&@^%! you've already read just to get to his "me, too!" comment. Bob M.
"Bob Myers" <nospamplease@address.invalid> schreef in bericht
> > "Al Borowski" <al.borowski@EraseThis.gmail.com> wrote in message > news:42888604$0$10925$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > > > > > So that means you read english bottom to top? > > > > No, it means his newsreader supports threads. > > Or that it doesn't automatically jump to the bottom when some > moron neglects to trim the quoted material appropriately. > > Top-posting is bad - ALMOST as bad as a bottom-poster > who doesn't trim, and makes you wade through 300 lines of > other @#$$&@^%! you've already read just to get to his > "me, too!" comment.
Replace "ALMOST as bad as" with "Even worse than" and I would have made that "me, too!" comment ;) -- Thanks, Frank. (remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)
Ouch.