Clarification on Atmega128

Started by Tamilmaran S July 21, 2005
Hi all,
      We are using atmega128 for one of our project. I heard that it is
a 8 bit microcontroller, ok its accumulator and its data bus are 8 bit
width. Then what about is address bus, is it also 8 bit width? Because
for this 8 bit it can address only up to 2^8 = 256 location. Then how
it can address 4096 SRAM (4K) and 131072 Flash (128K). Can anybody
clear me on this doubt? Thank you

With regards
marans

"Tamilmaran S" <tamilmaranz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, > We are using atmega128 for one of our project. I heard that it is > a 8 bit microcontroller, ok its accumulator and its data bus are 8 bit > width. Then what about is address bus, is it also 8 bit width? Because > for this 8 bit it can address only up to 2^8 = 256 location. Then how > it can address 4096 SRAM (4K) and 131072 Flash (128K). Can anybody > clear me on this doubt? Thank you > > With regards > marans >
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2467.pdf

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference