Hexadecimal display on terminal program

Started by Richard Henry August 17, 2005
I am stuck with a W2000 desktop as a test driver.  Is there any way to
configure Hyperterminal to display received data in hexadecimal?

Or perhaps a free Hyperterminal equivalent (runs in Windows, can access
hardware serial ports) that can do it?

Yes at http://www.ibrt.ch/products download http://www.ibrt.ch/products/fivechannel.zip As the name says it does 5 serial at once. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
"Rene Tschaggelar" <none@none.net> wrote in message
> Richard Henry wrote: > > > I am stuck with a W2000 desktop as a test driver. Is there any way to > > configure Hyperterminal to display received data in hexadecimal? > > > > Or perhaps a free Hyperterminal equivalent (runs in Windows, can access > > hardware serial ports) that can do it? > > Yes at http://www.ibrt.ch/products download > > http://www.ibrt.ch/products/fivechannel.zip > > As the name says it does 5 serial at once.
Thanks. That seems to work right out of the box. Seems a little lean on controls, though.
"Richard Henry" <rphenry@home.com> wrote in message
> > "Rene Tschaggelar" <none@none.net> wrote in message > news:43034fd1$0$1148$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch... > > Richard Henry wrote: > > > > > I am stuck with a W2000 desktop as a test driver. Is there any way to > > > configure Hyperterminal to display received data in hexadecimal? > > > > > > Or perhaps a free Hyperterminal equivalent (runs in Windows, can
access
> > > hardware serial ports) that can do it? > > > > Yes at http://www.ibrt.ch/products download > > > > http://www.ibrt.ch/products/fivechannel.zip > > > > As the name says it does 5 serial at once. > > Thanks. That seems to work right out of the box. Seems a little lean on > controls, though.
I stand corrected. I just had to learn the controls. Does just what I need.
Richard Henry wrote:
> I am stuck with a W2000 desktop as a test driver. Is there any way to > configure Hyperterminal to display received data in hexadecimal? > > Or perhaps a free Hyperterminal equivalent (runs in Windows, can access > hardware serial ports) that can do it?
I like: http://realterm.sourceforge.net/ It's a little rough and ready but it does give a load of different display options for viewing the data Tim

Memfault Beyond the Launch