SPI Uart MAX3110?

Started by Bo September 6, 2005
I'm considering using the MAX3110E SPI uart on an 8051 SiLabs based design.
Does anyone have or know where I might find some code to implement this
device? Alos any feedback from current users of this part--positive or
negative?

I need to run in interrupt mode as I have many devices in the system and
can't waste any time polling....

Thanks,

Bo

Bo,

Positive,
 I have used it for an IrDA implementation (and I was running out of UARTs).

Gerard  / StackTools

> I'm considering using the MAX3110E SPI uart on an 8051 SiLabs based > design. Does anyone have or know where I might find some code to implement > this device? Alos any feedback from current users of this part--positive > or negative? > > I need to run in interrupt mode as I have many devices in the system and > can't waste any time polling.... > > Thanks, > > Bo >
Thanks for the feedback.

Any tricky code/gotchas to be aware of?

Bo