8 Bit up With Lots Of RAM

Started by David Sidlauskas December 5, 2004
"David Sidlauskas" <dsidlauskas@worldnet.att.net> skrev i meddelandet
> Does anyone know of an 8 bit microprocessor with at least 32K of SRAM and > 32K of Flash? Or any number of bits if it's cheap (<$7 @ 1K). > > Many thanks in advance. > > Dave Sidlauskas >
The lowest cost AVR with this functionality is the ATmega64. It has 64 kB of internal flash and you can connect a latch + 32 kB of SRAM. If you can fit into 16 kB of Flash, then the ATmega162 will do the job. For ARM the AT91SAM7S128 which samples in January will have 128 kB of Flash and 32 kB of SRAM. The AT91R40008 has 256 KB of SRAM onchip, and needs external (8 bit flash) will do the job as well. Copy the 8 bit flash into the SRAM and then you have 60 MIPS. May be on the border for price, but it is nice to develop in SRAM compared to flash. -- Best Regards Ulf at atmel dot com These comments are intended to be my own opinion and they may, or may not be shared by my employer, Atmel Sweden.
Take a look at the Renesas M16C familly - ok, 31KB of ram, but lots of
flash (up to 512KB) easy to use and cheap.

Markus

Memfault Beyond the Launch