IR input

Started by Neo October 27, 2005
I have an IR remote control. This I got when I bought (PixelView) TV Tuner
card sometime back. Now I want to use it as a input device. How can I use
it? Any idea will be highly appreciable.

Please note that I dont have the sensor (for PC) that came with the package.
Now, What are the options for me, to have input into the PC?

Thanks and Regards,
-Neo

I think that your best option would be to get a sensor. There are plenty of schematics and free code at this address http://www.lirc.org/ Peter
"Peter" <moocowmoo@newprovidence.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Neo" <timeless_illusionN0SPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:43607b88@news.microsoft.com... >>I have an IR remote control. This I got when I bought (PixelView) TV Tuner >>card sometime back. Now I want to use it as a input device. How can I use >>it? Any idea will be highly appreciable. >> >> Please note that I dont have the sensor (for PC) that came with the >> package. Now, What are the options for me, to have input into the PC? >> >> Thanks and Regards, >> -Neo >> >> > I think that your best option would be to get a sensor. There are plenty > of schematics and free code at this address http://www.lirc.org/ > > Peter
What type of sensor should I buy from market, any specification etc.? Which type of interface and connector type it has for connection to the system? Are these generic sensors? Thanks, -Neo
> > What type of sensor should I buy from market, any specification etc.? > Which type of interface and connector type it has for connection to the > system? Are these generic sensors? > > Thanks, > -Neo
Infrared Remote Solutions (www.infraredremote.com) has a couple of inexpensive serial and USB modules as well as a zillion remote controls. Noel
Just wanted to add to Noels post - I've been using the Infrared remot
solutions modules, and they are really neat. Can be recommended.

Best regards,

/ Joseph

I'm glad you like them. (I'm IRSI's external electronics and firmware designer for many of their products (include the receiver modules)) :) Noel -- Noel Henson www.noels-lab.com Chips, firmware and embedded solutions www.vimoutliner.org Work fast. Think well.