Buffer of data with the lantronix xport

Started by Benjamin Schmidt November 3, 2005
hello,

i tried to get some experiences with the testboard of the xport. Up to
now it's possible to show the serial data on a webpage. For this i used
the example given from lantronix.

But now there appeared a problem. How can buffer the data of the serial
port? The data are only represented from the time of the call of the
java applet. Earlier data are lost.
Is there a possibility to buffer the serial data? After possibility
without additional hardware components ..

Thanks for your answers,
Benjamin Schmidt

"Benjamin Schmidt" <benjamin123@gmx.de> wrote in message
> hello, > > i tried to get some experiences with the testboard of the xport. Up to > now it's possible to show the serial data on a webpage. For this i used > the example given from lantronix. > > But now there appeared a problem. How can buffer the data of the serial > port? The data are only represented from the time of the call of the > java applet. Earlier data are lost. > Is there a possibility to buffer the serial data? After possibility > without additional hardware components .. > > Thanks for your answers, > Benjamin Schmidt >
I think you'd need to write a data logger that buffers data into the XPort's onboard 1.25MB ram. The easiest way would be to adapt their firmware to buffer up the data until it gets a connection when it will dump it all out. Apparently you can develop firmware using the C++Builder IDE. I had an application I wanted to build but we never could get the source code or SDK out of Lantronix to do this so we did something else instead. Peter