Request about Ethernet node

Started by Capoccetta February 23, 2006
Hi, we have been asked to develope a simple Ethernet I/O node; the
board should be able to send input status and receive output
configuration via Ethernet packets. This would be our first project
including Ethernet (we have already designed similar systems based upon
RS485 or CAN networks); any suggestions about basic
books/faq/documentation? We normally use AVR and Renesas 300H in our
designs, but the customer is suggesting MC9S12NE64 from Freescale.
Thanks!

Capoccetta

"Capoccetta" <er_capoccetta@tiscali.it> wrote in message
> Hi, we have been asked to develope a simple Ethernet I/O node; the > board should be able to send input status and receive output > configuration via Ethernet packets. This would be our first project > including Ethernet (we have already designed similar systems based upon > RS485 or CAN networks); any suggestions about basic > books/faq/documentation? We normally use AVR and Renesas 300H in our > designs, but the customer is suggesting MC9S12NE64 from Freescale. > Thanks! > > Capoccetta
What is it you are connecting to on the other end of your Ethernet? What sort of through put do you require? Are you going to be a master or slave? There are lots of options but more specifics are required. If you are wanting to use TCP or UDP then I would suggest the following link as a start. http://www.tcpipguide.com/ Regards, Richard. http://www.FreeRTOS.org
>What is it you are connecting to on the other end of your Ethernet? What >sort of through put do you require? Are you going to be a master or slave?
My node should be connected to industrial PC's; I/O's (16/32 bits) should be refreshed every 10/20 ms; I'm almost sure the peripheral will be a slave.
>If you are wanting to use TCP or UDP then I would suggest the following link >as a start. >http://www.tcpipguide.com/
Very interesting link, thanks! Capoccetta

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference