Easy way to implement WiFi sensor.

Started by Unknown March 3, 2006
I have a sensor I want to put on my wifi network. What is the cheapest
easy way to do this.
Prefer a solution that I can embed in my electronics.

thanks
bob

rjames.clarke@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a sensor I want to put on my wifi network. What is the cheapest > easy way to do this.
Buy a CDFAxxxxx or earlier serial number linksys WRT54G - ie, one from a few months ago before they stopped running linux (Or get a CGN6xxxx or earlier WRTG54GS). Lots of online discussion of how to modify them.
> Prefer a solution that I can embed in my electronics.
Guess you need an embedded module then... probably costs more in small quantities as you don't get the discounts of a high-volume consumer product.
www.lantronix.com and www.digi.com sell wifi modules that have a serial port and gpio. I have not used either device. Alan Nishioka
edtp airdrop board www.edtp.com
cs_posting@hotmail.com wrote:
> rjames.clarke@gmail.com wrote: > > >>I have a sensor I want to put on my wifi network. What is the cheapest >>easy way to do this. > > > Buy a CDFAxxxxx or earlier serial number linksys WRT54G - ie, one from > a few months ago before they stopped running linux (Or get a CGN6xxxx > or earlier WRTG54GS). Lots of online discussion of how to modify them. > >
Oh crap. I was just on my way to the store. What are the designations of those that don't run Linux? A quick search does not seem to be helping.