Enfora GSM modem

Started by news.tele.dk April 14, 2006
Hello group,

I am working on a system where I have a GSM module (Enfora GSM0116)
connected to a small microcontroller.

My plan is this:
When a certain event happens, the GSM calls numbers in a list in order to
inform users of this event. However, if user number 1 understands and accept
the message, there is no need for the system to call the rest of the people
on the list. Therefore I need a way for the users to acknowledge the call. I
want the users to be able to punch "1" or "2" on their phones indicating
whether the message has been acknowledged or not.

Is there any way to make a GSM modem transmit the incoming DTMF codes to the
microcontroller? Some obscure AT command I have not noticed? I have noticed
that the AT+VTS command allows me to generate a DTMF tone to the callee, but
is it possible the other way around?

Thanking you all in advance for any input.

Best regards
Henrik

You might look at Multi-Tech's 5634 modem series. Some (or all?) of those
have the ability to read DTMF codes.

multitech.com,  multitech.co.uk

Hul

news.tele.dk <not@valid.com> wrote:
> Hello group,
> I am working on a system where I have a GSM module (Enfora GSM0116) > connected to a small microcontroller.
> My plan is this: > When a certain event happens, the GSM calls numbers in a list in order to > inform users of this event. However, if user number 1 understands and accept > the message, there is no need for the system to call the rest of the people > on the list. Therefore I need a way for the users to acknowledge the call. I > want the users to be able to punch "1" or "2" on their phones indicating > whether the message has been acknowledged or not.
> Is there any way to make a GSM modem transmit the incoming DTMF codes to the > microcontroller? Some obscure AT command I have not noticed? I have noticed > that the AT+VTS command allows me to generate a DTMF tone to the callee, but > is it possible the other way around?
> Thanking you all in advance for any input.
> Best regards > Henrik

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference