ARM 7 and 9 evaluation board recommendation

Started by Beamer November 12, 2004
Hi,

I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
$500-700.  Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.

Thanks,
-anek
You might have a look at http://www.theARMPatch.com for the ARM7
eval board(s).  Warning though, the prices are below the range you
specified and also, as the proprietor, I'm a bit biased <grin>.

Regards
-Bill Knight
http://www.theARMPatch.com

"Beamer" <ibeamer@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi, > > I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of > $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones. > > Thanks, > -anek
The Atmel AT91 ARM7 based EBxx boards will cost about $200-250 depending on versions. Should be avaialble from any decent Atmel distributor The Atmel AT91RM9200DK ARM9 board is more expensive so this will set you back $1500. Not in the right price region, so you can try the Cogent CSB337 with the same chip. This is I think in the right price range and has been quite popular in our region. www.cogcomp.com . www.at91.com has list of some other AT91 boards, but I know little about them. If you can wait for some time, then I think www.liab.dk will have ARM9 boards at half your price. They want to work w companies, and not homebrew though. The Fachhochschule Augsburg will have an open source design for the AT91RM9200 beginning of next year. http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~hhoegl/proj/comet/index.html -- Best Regards Ulf at atmel dot com These comments are intended to be my own opinion and they may, or may not be shared by my employer, Atmel Sweden.

Have a look here http://anyway.no-ip.org:8080/ep/44B0db/44B0db.htm $160 He sells on ebay (search arm development board) Starts at $125. Carsten
> I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of > $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.
Unless you are merely writing a catalog, this question has many pointless answers unless you tell us what peripherals you require.
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:

>>I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of >>$500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones. >> >> > >Unless you are merely writing a catalog, this question has many >pointless answers unless you tell us what peripherals you require. > >
Hi, Thanks everyone who has given good suggestions and recommendations. I appreciate it. To be more specific, I need the board to evaluate ARM 7 and ARM 9 CPU for designs involving telephony and video applications. It would be nice if the boards come with "expansion bus" (proprietary or not doesn't really that important at the moment). I would imagine that this expansion bus would allow for adding expansion cards that include audio/video codecs or things for other interesting applications. I plan to use the Chameleon POD for debugging/development with this new ARM 7/9 board too. Thanks, -anek

Memfault Beyond the Launch