Prob. with msp-gdb

Started by Martin May 18, 2006
On 2006-05-19, Martin <uid09012_ti@martin-collins.de> wrote:
> Hi, > > here's a copy of what happens: > > $ msp430-gdb --se=test_1 > GNU gdb 6.0 > Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc. > GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are > welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. > Type "show copying" to see the conditions. > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. > This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=msp430"..."/home/tst/LCD/test_1": not in executable format: File format not recognized > (gdb) file test_1 > "/home/tst/LCD/test_1": not in executable format: File format not > recognized > (gdb)
> Is it possible that the new version of msp-gcc isn't > compatible with msp-gdb?
Since gcc doesn't actually produce object files, it would probably be binutils/gdb that are out of sync.
> I downloaded it all from Sourceforge 3 days ago.
If you want to send me your ELF file (or put it somewhere I can download it), I could try loading it with gdb 5.1.1. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... I have read the at INSTRUCTIONS... visi.com

Memfault Beyond the Launch