Looking for water flow sensor

Started by Sam O'Nella January 23, 2005
I have a need to monitor water flow rate for a standard residential water
line.  Can anyone suggest an inexpensive device?

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:10:35 -0500, the renowned "Sam O'Nella"
<sonella@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a need to monitor water flow rate for a standard residential water >line. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive device?
Water meters are pretty common. ;-) For flow rates over a defined range, check out the pulse-output Gems turbine flowmeters. They don't work very well at low flow rates, however. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
"Sam O'Nella" <sonella@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a need to monitor water flow rate for a standard residential water >line. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive device?
Rapid Electronics (UK) stocks several which use Hall-effect turbines, made by Gems Sensors. Price is 26.80 GBP. Leon

Memfault Beyond the Launch