8051 newsgroup question

Started by Alistair George June 18, 2006
Hi its been some years since i developed a couple of apps using
At89c55wd and at89c2051. Am looking at using the same devices again. is
this the appropriate newsgroup, or does anyone know of another more
specific to 8051 design?
Thanks,
Alistair George.
there is quite an "active"  NG    called   www.8052.com

The forums are quite active.

JG

Alistair George wrote:

> Hi its been some years since i developed a couple of apps using > At89c55wd and at89c2051. Am looking at using the same devices again. is > this the appropriate newsgroup, or does anyone know of another more > specific to 8051 design? > Thanks, > Alistair George.
We get quite a few 8051 related posts here and the other 'obvious' newsgroup would be alt.microcontroller.8bit but the traffic there is very low. By far the best place is the web based group you will find a www.8052.com. Ian
Ian Bell wrote:
> Alistair George wrote: > >> Hi its been some years since i developed a couple of apps using >> At89c55wd and at89c2051. Am looking at using the same devices again. is >> this the appropriate newsgroup, or does anyone know of another more >> specific to 8051 design? >> Thanks, >> Alistair George. > > We get quite a few 8051 related posts here and the other 'obvious' newsgroup > would be alt.microcontroller.8bit but the traffic there is very low. > > By far the best place is the web based group you will find a www.8052.com. > > Ian
Thanks - will stay here, as well as 8052.com Al.
Alistair George wrote:
> Ian Bell wrote: >> Alistair George wrote: >> >>> Hi its been some years since i developed a couple of apps using >>> At89c55wd and at89c2051. Am looking at using the same devices again. is >>> this the appropriate newsgroup, or does anyone know of another more >>> specific to 8051 design? >>> Thanks, >>> Alistair George. >> >> We get quite a few 8051 related posts here and the other 'obvious' >> newsgroup >> would be alt.microcontroller.8bit but the traffic there is very low. >> >> By far the best place is the web based group you will find a >> www.8052.com. >> >> Ian > Thanks - will stay here, as well as 8052.com Al.
8052 group is good, has plenty of 8051 enthusiasts and helpful but is web based which is its downside. I've found it well worth joining however. Al.