Is anybody using LPC2888?

Started by Pravin July 18, 2006
Hi all I m using ARM 7 , philips LPC2888 in my application.
If someone is working on it plz let me know..as this is very recent
chip n used generally in applications like i-pod, mobile,etc.

regards.

Data sheet an user manual are available here

http://www.standardics.philips.com/news/lpc2800/~LPC2888/

User manual..... 6Megbytes...!  Sugges you read this one.

Regards
Joseph
"Pravin" <patilpk@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all I m using ARM 7 , philips LPC2888 in my application. > If someone is working on it plz let me know..as this is very recent > chip n used generally in applications like i-pod, mobile,etc. > > regards. >
I don't think the lpc2888 is in production yet, but you can possibly
get some samples. They said it would be in mass production sometime
this fall, I believe.

Eric wrote:
> I don't think the lpc2888 is in production yet, but you can possibly > get some samples. They said it would be in mass production sometime > this fall, I believe.
I have had samples for quite some time now but the main problem I have had is in prototyping bga. I am exploring various methods that will make it easier to prototype bga devices in general, not just the lpc2888. Of course it's Murphy's law in action when the first bga chip I get serious about is a 0.5mm fine-pitch bga!*&^(%). At least it is only three rows deep. I thought the chip was in production as it looks like an ASIC for a volume product. But I couldn't really do anything until the user manual was available. Best place to ask about the Philips ARM devices is on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpc2000/ *Peter*

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference