[Q] NEC V25 microprocessor doesn't get any more???

Started by Mason October 31, 2004
Hi,...
I heard some information on NEC v25 microprocessor..
NEC didn't supply this one... Is it right??

If you know how to get a NEC v25 microprocessor(QFJ),
please send to me...

Thanks...

Mason wrote:

> Hi,... > I heard some information on NEC v25 microprocessor.. > NEC didn't supply this one... Is it right?? > > If you know how to get a NEC v25 microprocessor(QFJ), > please send to me...
Yes, NEC produced it. Production was stopped many years ago. I don't have one left. There may be piles of pcbs with one soldered on laying around a place close by though. Meaning some unused ones may still be around. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
these guys have 100,000 of them http://www.netcomponents.com/results.htm?r=1&t=f&src=&so=&d=1&pn1=UPD70320
Rene Tschaggelar wrote:

> Mason wrote: > >> Hi,... >> I heard some information on NEC v25 microprocessor.. >> NEC didn't supply this one... Is it right?? >> >> If you know how to get a NEC v25 microprocessor(QFJ), >> please send to me... > > Yes, NEC produced it. Production was stopped many > years ago. I don't have one left. There may be piles > of pcbs with one soldered on laying around a place > close by though. > Meaning some unused ones may still be around. > > Rene
I thought it was still available. I know for certain it is available for integration into an ASIC. Ian -- Ian Bell
"Ian Bell" <ruffrecords@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Rene Tschaggelar wrote: > > > Mason wrote: > > > >> Hi,... > >> I heard some information on NEC v25 microprocessor.. > >> NEC didn't supply this one... Is it right?? > >> > >> If you know how to get a NEC v25 microprocessor(QFJ), > >> please send to me... > > > > Yes, NEC produced it. Production was stopped many > > years ago. I don't have one left. There may be piles > > of pcbs with one soldered on laying around a place > > close by though. > > Meaning some unused ones may still be around. > > > > Rene > > I thought it was still available. I know for certain it is available for > integration into an ASIC. >
That only means they've still got the IP, it doesn't mean they're putting that IP into a self-contained chip. Interesting though that you can get it for an ASIC. Gotta file that info somewhere.
John Smith wrote:

> > "Ian Bell" <ruffrecords@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:cm514g$j87$1@slavica.ukpost.com... >> Rene Tschaggelar wrote: >> >> > Mason wrote: >> > >> >> Hi,... >> >> I heard some information on NEC v25 microprocessor.. >> >> NEC didn't supply this one... Is it right?? >> >> >> >> If you know how to get a NEC v25 microprocessor(QFJ), >> >> please send to me... >> > >> > Yes, NEC produced it. Production was stopped many >> > years ago. I don't have one left. There may be piles >> > of pcbs with one soldered on laying around a place >> > close by though. >> > Meaning some unused ones may still be around. >> > >> > Rene >> >> I thought it was still available. I know for certain it is available for >> integration into an ASIC. >> > > That only means they've still got the IP, it doesn't mean they're putting > that IP into a self-contained chip.
Agreed. OTOH when we did the ASIC design, it replaced a product using a V25 and the V25 version was still being produced. That was over five years ago though so they could have stopped supplying it since. -- Ian Bell

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference