Cell phone source code

Started by Brad Eckert October 29, 2004
Hi all,

I'm just curious. How many lines of code go into a typical modern cell
phone? Probably more code than the entire Apollo space program.

A Bluetooth module will add a wee bit of code, of course. The
Bluetooth application that I use at work for serial communication
weighs in at 400K bytes of ARM object code. I didn't count the LOC.

--
Brad
"Brad Eckert" <nospaambrad1@tinyboot.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi all, > > I'm just curious. How many lines of code go into a typical modern cell > phone? Probably more code than the entire Apollo space program. > > A Bluetooth module will add a wee bit of code, of course. The > Bluetooth application that I use at work for serial communication > weighs in at 400K bytes of ARM object code. I didn't count the LOC. > > -- > Brad
The Sony-Ericsson P800 phone has 4 MB Flash for GPRS 1 MB Flash for Bluetooth 32 MB Flash for Symbian and applications I think a little over half is used up by the firmware. + Memorystick expansion capability -- Best Regard Ulf Samuelsson

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference