Flash file system

Started by martin roth September 5, 2006
Can anybody recommend me a good flash file system supporting Intel's flash
memory.
I need a reliable software which preserves the file system evenl under power
loss conditions.

Martin

You could reduce wear by having a small part in a battery backed RAM. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
martin roth wrote:

> Can anybody recommend me a good flash file system supporting Intel's flash > memory. > I need a reliable software which preserves the file system evenl under power > loss conditions. > > Martin > >
Are you looking for free or are you willing to pay for it ?? Any power fail condition will be a function of the hardware design. Software can only do something if there is enough power available.
Un bel giorno martin roth digit�:

> Can anybody recommend me a good flash file system supporting Intel's flash > memory.
Linux YAFFS or JFFS2. -- asd
Donald wrote:
> martin roth wrote: > >> Can anybody recommend me a good flash file system supporting Intel's >> flash memory. >> I need a reliable software which preserves the file system evenl under >> power loss conditions.
> Any power fail condition will be a function of the hardware design. > > Software can only do something if there is enough power available.
Yes, but software can limit the extent and likelihood of data loss due to arbitrary timing of power outages and wear patterns. In general, you can write new versions of data sectors and directory sectors before making the old ones unusable. With care you can implement an atomic update such that upon power recovery you get either a consistent state, either the last written or a previously checkpointed state. -- Thad
I came across these people, while looking for something else:
http://www.hcc-embedded.com/site.php?mid=11

Adrian

"martin roth" <bmr006@email.mot.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody recommend me a good flash file system supporting Intel's flash > memory. > I need a reliable software which preserves the file system evenl under > power > loss conditions. > > Martin > >

Memfault Beyond the Launch