Microprocessor with Graphic output upto UXGA/SXGA

Started by Unknown September 12, 2006
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of an embedded processor that has a
video output upto SXGA or UXGA. If not, is it possible to scale a SVGA
output to SXGA without a great loss in pixel information.

Thanks

Maybe one of the geodes? -Dave -- David Ashley http://www.xdr.com/dash Embedded linux, device drivers, system architecture
<eziggurat@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone knows of an embedded processor that has a > video output upto SXGA or UXGA. If not, is it possible to scale a SVGA > output to SXGA without a great loss in pixel information. > > Thanks > P
With 1600 x 1200 x 60 Hz * 16 bpp you have a bandwidth need of 230 MB per second just for refresh. Anything with less than this is going to face trouble. Any chip with a PCI interface obviously can interface to a PCI controller, but you also need to get hold of S/W. You may want to look at FPGA solutions like the "Badge" from www.bitsim.com -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Memfault Beyond the Launch