BUFFALO error messages

Started by mc September 19, 2006
Greetings,

I'm not very familiar with the Motorola 68HC11 but am teaching a course
using it.  What does it mean when BUFFALO gives an error message such as
"ROM 2000" or "ROM 1384"?  I don't recall the circumstances under which the
error was displayed (I'm working from old notes about what is wrong with
some of our defective EVBUs).  Easy to fix?

Thanks!

Looking at this asm listing (line 635 and beyond): http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/courses/CStudio/hc11/buf34.lst It appears that this is a memory write/read-back error (most commonly an attempted write to ROM, I guess they assumed, hence the error name).
Mike Silva wrote:
> mc wrote: > > Greetings, > > > > I'm not very familiar with the Motorola 68HC11 but am teaching a course > > using it. What does it mean when BUFFALO gives an error message such as > > "ROM 2000" or "ROM 1384"? I don't recall the circumstances under which the > > error was displayed (I'm working from old notes about what is wrong with > > some of our defective EVBUs). Easy to fix? > > Looking at this asm listing (line 635 and beyond): > http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/courses/CStudio/hc11/buf34.lst > > It appears that this is a memory write/read-back error (most commonly > an attempted write to ROM, I guess they assumed, hence the error name).
Hey thanks for posting that. I have a class with the HC11 and the BUFFALO monitor. My professors wanted us to ask for it instead of making it freely available. -Isaac
"Mike Silva" <snarflemike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > mc wrote: >> Greetings, >> >> I'm not very familiar with the Motorola 68HC11 but am teaching a course >> using it. What does it mean when BUFFALO gives an error message such as >> "ROM 2000" or "ROM 1384"? I don't recall the circumstances under which >> the >> error was displayed (I'm working from old notes about what is wrong with >> some of our defective EVBUs). Easy to fix? > > Looking at this asm listing (line 635 and beyond): > http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/courses/CStudio/hc11/buf34.lst > > It appears that this is a memory write/read-back error (most commonly > an attempted write to ROM, I guess they assumed, hence the error name).
Thanks! I should add that this occurs with programs that work correctly on other EVBUs. So I'm guessing defective static RAM chips.
"Mike Silva" <snarflemike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > mc wrote: >> Greetings, >> >> I'm not very familiar with the Motorola 68HC11 but am teaching a course >> using it. What does it mean when BUFFALO gives an error message such as >> "ROM 2000" or "ROM 1384"? I don't recall the circumstances under which >> the >> error was displayed (I'm working from old notes about what is wrong with >> some of our defective EVBUs). Easy to fix? > > Looking at this asm listing (line 635 and beyond): > http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/courses/CStudio/hc11/buf34.lst > > It appears that this is a memory write/read-back error (most commonly > an attempted write to ROM, I guess they assumed, hence the error name).
Line 4622 actually seems to be the place. Thanks!

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference