Getting the RTOS to run

Started by snitch October 11, 2006
Hi,

I am a newbie in to the embedded world.
I have an RTOS and its IDE with me on my host computer.
I also have a target PC.(Which is my other x86 box)
Now, as a first step want to get the RTOS loaded on to this target PC.
How do I go about this.

Please enlighten.

Ignaromous,
Snitch

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:36:39 -0500, snitch wrote:

> Hi, > > I am a newbie in to the embedded world. > I have an RTOS and its IDE with me on my host computer. > I also have a target PC.(Which is my other x86 box) > Now, as a first step want to get the RTOS loaded on to this target PC. > How do I go about this. > > Please enlighten. > > Ignaromous, > Snitch
Turning on the power would be good first step.
"snitch" <pradeep.sadananda@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I am a newbie in to the embedded world. > I have an RTOS and its IDE with me on my host computer. > I also have a target PC.(Which is my other x86 box) > Now, as a first step want to get the RTOS loaded on to this target PC. > How do I go about this. > > Please enlighten. > > Ignaromous, > Snitch > >
How about putting your bootable image on a USB flash drive and running from that? Peter