UART receive ISR receives 1st 2 bytes twice

Started by galapogos October 31, 2006
"galapogos" <goister@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, actually I'm using a ghetto smart card reader. Basically I took a > usb smart card reader, ripped out the pcb, desoldered the wires, and > soldered on my own connnection to my own dev board. > > I don't recall any "card-loaded" contact on the iso7816-3 specs.
That's because the ISO7816-10 (not -3) specifies the signals on the card. How you physically connect to the card is beyond the spec. The "card-loaded" or whatever name is used, is a signal from a switch or opto thingy on a card reader assembly and is surely part of your ghetto reader as well. Meindert
> Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm using a smart card module in sim form > factor and taping it onto the contact points on the pcb's sim holder, > so there's no "card bounce" per se. The bounce is probably happening on > the connector side, which is some generic connector/pin that I soldered > onto both the smart card side and my dev board side.
Ah, sim card holders generally do not have a "card-loader" signal. I was talking about the things where you slide in a creditcard-size smartcard. Generally, sim card holders are not meant for regular insertion/extraction and surely not when powered. Meindert
Meindert Sprang wrote:
> "galapogos" <goister@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:1162398447.330815.40370@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > > Well, actually I'm using a ghetto smart card reader. Basically I took a > > usb smart card reader, ripped out the pcb, desoldered the wires, and > > soldered on my own connnection to my own dev board. > > > > I don't recall any "card-loaded" contact on the iso7816-3 specs. > > That's because the ISO7816-10 (not -3) specifies the signals on the card. > How you physically connect to the card is beyond the spec. The "card-loaded" > or whatever name is used, is a signal from a switch or opto thingy on a card > reader assembly and is surely part of your ghetto reader as well. > > Meindert
Hmm, I only have the iso7816-1 to iso7816-4 documents. I googled iso7816-10 and the title for that is "ISO7816-10 Identification Cards- Integrated circuits card with contacts. Part 10 : Electrical Interface for synchronous cards". Does this only apply to synchronous cards? I'm using the asynchronous T=0 protocol so I'm not sure if it applies to me.

Memfault Beyond the Launch