New 8051 smart assembler

Started by Schjaer November 11, 2006
Hi those of you who are programming in 8051 assembler:

 If you have been missing instructions like Sub, Dec DPtr, CJE, or are tired
of messages like "Conditional jump out of range", or want to do floating
point math, or ...., you might want to try the free SesAsm51 assembler.
Download it at this link,

www.programmersheaven.com
/ Assembler / 8051 / Development Tools / SesAsm51

Jorgen

Schjaer wrote:
> Hi those of you who are programming in 8051 assembler: > > If you have been missing instructions like Sub, Dec DPtr, CJE, or are tired > of messages like "Conditional jump out of range", or want to do floating > point math, or ...., you might want to try the free SesAsm51 assembler. > Download it at this link, > > www.programmersheaven.com > / Assembler / 8051 / Development Tools / SesAsm51 > > Jorgen
Interesting project .... I could not see a quick ref of the 'smarter' features this offers ? -jg
"Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.maps.co.nz> wrote in message
> Schjaer wrote: >> Hi those of you who are programming in 8051 assembler: >> >> If you have been missing instructions like Sub, Dec DPtr, CJE, or are >> tired of messages like "Conditional jump out of range", or want to do >> floating point math, or ...., you might want to try the free SesAsm51 >> assembler. Download it at this link, >> >> www.programmersheaven.com >> / Assembler / 8051 / Development Tools / SesAsm51 >> >> Jorgen > > Interesting project .... > I could not see a quick ref of the 'smarter' features this offers ?
You'd have to download and look in the pdf file. Here's a short list, though: Variable case sensitivity Local labels Nested and recursive macros Tab stops on in- and output Floating point calc Math functions (Sqrt, Log, Sine, Random....) String manipulation Date and time Autocomment Type checking Conditional assembly Autosize all branches Compound instructions (Sub; Mov Rn,Rm; Dec DPtr; CJE; Call @DPtr....) Checksums Variable endianness Smart listing Jorgen
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Schjaer wrote:

"Hi those of you who are programming in 8051 assembler:

  If you have been missing instructions like Sub, Dec DPtr, CJE, or are tired
of messages like "Conditional jump out of range", or want to do floating
point math, or ...., you might want to try the free SesAsm51 assembler.
Download it at this link,

www.programmersheaven.com
/ Assembler / 8051 / Development Tools / SesAsm51"

Searching for SesAsm51 worked but searching instead for 8051 did not find
SesAsm51 so you might want to make it easier to find. Also, only three
tools are listed in "Assembler / 8051 / Development Tools" and none of
them is SesAsm51.
"Colin Paul Gloster" <Colin_Paul_Gloster@ACM.org> wrote in message

> .....Also, only three tools are listed in "Assembler / 8051 / Development > Tools" and none of them is SesAsm51.
You must look more closely! There are about 50! Happy New Year. Schjaer
Schjaer wrote:
> "Colin Paul Gloster" <Colin_Paul_Gloster@ACM.org> wrote in message > news:20061223145243.S69851@docenti.ing.unipi.it... > > > .....Also, only three tools are listed in "Assembler / 8051 / Development > > Tools" and none of them is SesAsm51. > > You must look more closely! There are about 50! > > Happy New Year. > Schjaer
Happy New Year to you too. I looked over your assembler and the main issue I had was the apparent lack of linker. I may have slipped up in this regard. Do you have suggestions on how to use libraries? --Rocky
"Rocky" <RobertGush@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I looked over your assembler and the main issue I had was the apparent > lack of linker. I may have slipped up in this regard. > Do you have suggestions on how to use libraries?
As there is no linking your libraries must be available in source form. Jorgen
Schjaer wrote:
> "Rocky" <RobertGush@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:1167812817.351207.112340@42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > > > I looked over your assembler and the main issue I had was the apparent > > lack of linker. I may have slipped up in this regard. > > Do you have suggestions on how to use libraries? > > As there is no linking your libraries must be available in source form. > > Jorgen
Do you have 'dead code' removal? The reason I ask is we currently have a library that is quite large and to use it efficiently one would have to split it into many files as normally the linker would only include reference modules. -Rocky

> Do you have 'dead code' removal? > The reason I ask is we currently have a library that is quite large and > to use it efficiently one would have to split it into many files as > normally the linker would only include reference modules.
Using conditional assembly you may code a subroutine (or any piece of code) to only be assembled if referenced. Jorgen
>Hi those of you who are programming in 8051 assembler: > > If you have been missing instructions like Sub, Dec DPtr, CJE, or are
tired
>of messages like "Conditional jump out of range", or want to do floating
>point math, or ...., you might want to try the free SesAsm51 assembler. >Download it at this link, > >www.programmersheaven.com >/ Assembler / 8051 / Development Tools / SesAsm51 > >Jorgen > > >hello..
I'm using the the assembler SesAsm51 ( cross assembler for 8051 with floating point calculation, math functions......) for one of my projects, where we are designing a control loop for a subsonic wind tunnel to maintain the velocity of air flow in it. I came to know about this assembler in one of your threads : http://www.embeddedrelated.com/usenet/embedded/show/60029-1.php and the link for the assembler is : www.programmersheaven.com / Assembler / 8051 / Development Tools / SesAsm51" There are some things I needed to know regarding the same. we need to evaluate an expression like this.. Vel= 4.28 * sqrt(40 *X) where X is a variable fed to the controller from an ADC. But the operand for sqrt function, as given in the pdf, is an immediate data. Is there any way with which we can realize the given expression,as stated above, using this assembler?

Memfault Beyond the Launch