Anyone seen ATMega8515 lose eeprom data?

Started by Mike Harrison October 20, 2004
A customer of mine recently changed from using AT90S8515 to ATMega8515 as the former is obsolete.
We've had a couple of units in the field lose eeprom data - we're still waiting to get them back to
look further but has anyone else seen anything like this ?
"Mike Harrison" <mike@whitewing.co.uk> wrote in message
> A customer of mine recently changed from using AT90S8515 to ATMega8515 as
the former is obsolete.
> We've had a couple of units in the field lose eeprom data - we're still
waiting to get them back to
> look further but has anyone else seen anything like this ?
Yes. I had the same problem. The solution in my case was to enable the brown-out detection. On boards with just a ATMega8515 the problem occured every now and then, while on a same type of board with a Bluetooth module installed, it happened very frequently. I could pinpoint the problem to occur on power up/down cycles, were the risetime ov VCC was mostly quick enough without the BT module and just too slow with the BT module installed. Enabling the brown-out detection fixed it. Meindert

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference