Forums

Seeking Avocet/Huntsville Micro HMI-200 materials

Started by msg November 12, 2006
Greetings:

Found at a local dump: Huntsville Micro HMI-200-8096 -- Intel 8096
ICE with DIP pod and probes, no software or documentation.

Avocet's website is devoid of operating documentation and
ftp.hmi.com/ftp.avocet.com now rejects anonymous logins.

Any old books, pdfs, old DOS/Win16 Sourcegate s/w, etc. would
help a lot!

Thanks,

Michael
msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org
msg wrote:

> Found at a local dump: Huntsville Micro HMI-200-8096 -- Intel 8096 > ICE with DIP pod and probes, no software or documentation. > > Avocet's website is devoid of operating documentation and > ftp.hmi.com/ftp.avocet.com now rejects anonymous logins. > > Any old books, pdfs, old DOS/Win16 Sourcegate s/w, etc. would > help a lot! >
Materials from _any_ HMI-200 system would help, not just the 8096 version. Regards, Michael msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org
I'd like to keep this thread alive for awhile in case
an occasional reader happens to notice and has some
of the old materials...

Seeking any documentation or software for the Huntsville
Microsystems, now Avocet HMI-200 series In-circuit
Emulators.

We have the model HMI-200-8096 and may find other
versions soon and would like to demonstrate them
for historical interest.

All help is much appreciated.

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum
msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org
msg wrote:
> > I'd like to keep this thread alive for awhile in case > an occasional reader happens to notice and has some > of the old materials... > > Seeking any documentation or software for the Huntsville > Microsystems, now Avocet HMI-200 series In-circuit > Emulators. > > We have the model HMI-200-8096 and may find other > versions soon and would like to demonstrate them > for historical interest.
Try alt.folklore.computers -- Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems. <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
msg wrote:
> I'd like to keep this thread alive for awhile in case > an occasional reader happens to notice and has some > of the old materials... > > Seeking any documentation or software for the Huntsville > Microsystems, now Avocet HMI-200 series In-circuit > Emulators. > > We have the model HMI-200-8096 and may find other > versions soon and would like to demonstrate them > for historical interest. > > All help is much appreciated. > > Michael Grigoni > Cybertheque Museum > msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org
OK. You finally provoked me to go into the basement and look around. I have an HMI-200 for the 6809 and the original documentation copyright 1988. The fact that I still have it might make it clear that It would be hard for me to give it up, though. ;-) -Rich
<snip>
>> We have the model HMI-200-8096 and may find other >> versions soon and would like to demonstrate them >> for historical interest.
<snip> Richard Pennington wrote:
> > OK. You finally provoked me to go into the basement and look around. > I have an HMI-200 for the 6809 and the original documentation copyright > 1988. > > The fact that I still have it might make it clear that It would be hard > for me to give it up, though. ;-)
Thanks for looking! Could you be convinced to scan the most useful part of the manual(s) -- e.g. dip switch settings, full description of the command set, signal specs at the pod, etc.? Do you have some version of Sourcegate for any o/s or any other s/w targeted to this beast? Regards, Michael
><snip> >>> We have the model HMI-200-8096 and may find other >>> versions soon and would like to demonstrate them >>> for historical interest. > ><snip> >Richard Pennington wrote: >> >> OK. You finally provoked me to go into the basement and look around. >> I have an HMI-200 for the 6809 and the original documentation copyright
>> 1988. >> >> The fact that I still have it might make it clear that It would be hard
>> for me to give it up, though. ;-) > >Thanks for looking! Could you be convinced to scan the most useful >part of the manual(s) -- e.g. dip switch settings, full description >of the command set, signal specs at the pod, etc.? Do you have >some version of Sourcegate for any o/s or any other s/w targeted >to this beast? > >Regards, > >Michael >
Do you still need it? --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com
On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:37:30 PM UTC-8, tonykara wrote:

> Do you still need it? > > > --------------------------------------- > Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com
My reply seems to have been eaten from EmbeddedReleated.com I have a 6809 and 68000 unit and would be interested in everything you might have on the HMI-200 units.
On 12/16/14 6:37 PM, tonykara wrote:
>> <snip> >>>> We have the model HMI-200-8096 and may find other >>>> versions soon and would like to demonstrate them >>>> for historical interest. >> >> <snip> >> Richard Pennington wrote: >>> >>> OK. You finally provoked me to go into the basement and look around. >>> I have an HMI-200 for the 6809 and the original documentation copyright > >>> 1988. >>> >>> The fact that I still have it might make it clear that It would be hard > >>> for me to give it up, though. ;-) >> >> Thanks for looking! Could you be convinced to scan the most useful >> part of the manual(s) -- e.g. dip switch settings, full description >> of the command set, signal specs at the pod, etc.? Do you have >> some version of Sourcegate for any o/s or any other s/w targeted >> to this beast? >> >> Regards, >> >> Michael >> > > Do you still need it? >
I just picked up a second 6809 unit on eBay this week, which increased my level of interest in getting the documentation for it. I was able to locate a manual for my 68000 HMI-200, which I've scanned and uploaded to http://bitsavers.org/pdf/hmi/
Trying to find anyone who has sourcegate (dos or windows) for the 68000, and other HMI-200 emulators. I have the Z80 and would be willing to maintain a place to share this stuff.