External Memory Capabilities of the HC12

Started by zach...@gmail.com November 16, 2006
Hello,

I am relatively new to the 68HC12 (about 5 months) and I'm using it in
project that I've been working on. I know that the 68HC12 has an
external
addressing scheme that will allow one to reach 1MBytes worth of data.
My
question is this:

What types of external memories are available? I have found an I2C
1Mbit
EEPROM and some SPI flash memories, but nothing near 1MBytes that I
would be
able to use.

Please provide some direction if you are familiar with this.

Thanks,

Zach

<zachjacobs@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, > > I am relatively new to the 68HC12 (about 5 months) and I'm using it in > a > project that I've been working on. I know that the 68HC12 has an > external > addressing scheme that will allow one to reach 1MBytes worth of data. > My > question is this: > > What types of external memories are available? I have found an I2C > 1Mbit > EEPROM and some SPI flash memories, but nothing near 1MBytes that I > would be > able to use. > > Please provide some direction if you are familiar with this. > > Thanks, > > Zach >
The external bus on the HC12 is a parallel bus, so you must use parallel memory devices, not serial ones. You likely will need either 8 or 16bit wide memory. Mike

Memfault Beyond the Launch