Statistics about embedded operating systems?

Started by Michael Rassinger November 23, 2006
I am looking for some reliable statistics about embedded systems,
generally concerning operating systems. Some paper showing the
percentage of embedded systems running Linux, BSD, WinCE, ...

Maybe there is something showing what linux distributions are preferred
on linux embedded systems, showing uclinux etc.

Any help is gladly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!
Mike
http://www.embedded.com/columns/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=187203732 Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org + http://www.SafeRTOS.com for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051, PIC24 & dsPIC