AT90USB128 to 802.11 wifi adapter

Started by Unknown December 1, 2006
Anyone have any comments on the feasability of connecting a Atmel
AT90USB128 (which has usb host mode interface) to a 802.11g USB adapter
based on something like the Zydas ZD1211?

Seems like it could be a cheap and flexible solution-- but quite a bit
of work, and would require a USB analyzer.  The ZD1211 is supported by
linux, so that would be a good reference, and Atmel provides a simple
host mode example for the AT90USB (for connecting to a keyboard or
mouse).

Too bad USB analyzers are still so expensive.  I even did a little
searching to see if I could find one for rent, but couldn't find any