Need information on room temperature sensor.

Started by Kelvin October 18, 2004
What I need is a minituare temperature sensor that can sense the room
temperature between 10C to 40C, precision of up to 0.1C.

Has anyone seen such information?

Thanks.

IC's can do that.   googleit

"Kelvin" <kelvin_xq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What I need is a minituare temperature sensor that can sense the room > temperature between 10C to 40C, precision of up to 0.1C. > > Has anyone seen such information? > > Thanks. > > >
Dear Kelvin:

"Kelvin" <kelvin_xq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What I need is a minituare temperature sensor that can sense the room > temperature between 10C to 40C, precision of up to 0.1C. > > Has anyone seen such information?
Thermistors are ideal. David A. Smith
Do you want a temperature "sensor" or a temperature "logger" ?

A temperature is about the size of a peanut with wires coming out of it.

A logger will measure the voltage across the sensor, that voltage is
proportional too the temperature on it.

Loggers come in lots of sizes and some are battery operated.
Storage will store past samples in the hundreds or thousands of samples.

The big question that a group like this would like to know is:

Do you want to _buy_ or _build_ a temp logger ?

Kelvin wrote:

> What I need is a minituare temperature sensor that can sense the room > temperature between 10C to 40C, precision of up to 0.1C. > > Has anyone seen such information? > > Thanks. > > >
"Kelvin" <kelvin_xq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What I need is a minituare temperature sensor that can sense the room > temperature between 10C to 40C, precision of up to 0.1C.
Dallas do a little 8-pin thing, with I2C interface. There's also a 3-pin LM?35? give a voltage out proportional to temperature. (One variant has an offset to allow -ve temperatures) Aside: when the Americans say e.g. "thirty degrees below zero", as they use the Fahrenheit scale, where freezing point is 32 degrees, what do they mean by this: do they mean "30 degrees below freezing", or literally "-30 degrees F" (which is 62 deg below freezing) ? Richard [in PE12]
Kelvin schrieb in Nachricht <41733334$1@news.starhub.net.sg>...
>What I need is a minituare temperature sensor that can sense the room >temperature between 10C to 40C, precision of up to 0.1C. > >Has anyone seen such information?
If price is not important, use the SMT160 - available in 3-pin transistor like package and in SO-8 SMD IC. Other forms also available. Precision is very good, better than 0,1 centigrade. Output is PWM. You can convert it to analog with a simple RC-filter. regards - Henry -- <Schau auch mal auf meine Homepage www.ehydra.dyndns.info> <u.a. Versand von Wasserflohzuchtansatz, Wasserpflanzen/-schnecken, brasilianischer Sauerklee, Natron zum Backen/Baden, u.a.> <Alternativ &#4294967295;ber http://people.freenet.de/algenkocher>
LM335 at National Semiconductor http://www.national.com/search/search.cgi/main?keywords=LM335 Norm
"Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III"
<m_a_r_v_i_n@para----and----.want-to-do.coe.ukk> wrote in message
> Aside: when the Americans say e.g. "thirty degrees below zero", as they > use the Fahrenheit scale, where freezing point is 32 degrees, what do > they mean by this: do they mean "30 degrees below freezing", or literally > "-30 degrees F" (which is 62 deg below freezing) ? >
This American means -30F when he says "thirty degrees below zero" in social conversations since that's the conventional temperature scale. I think that most Americans mean the same thing. So " ... " is, indeed, 62F below freezing. What I mean in engineering and scientific conversations depends on context.
"Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III" <m_a_r_v_i_n@para----and----.want-to-do.coe.ukk> wrote in message news:<cl03cv$qln$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...

<snip>

> Aside: when the Americans say e.g. "thirty degrees below zero", as they > use the Fahrenheit scale, where freezing point is 32 degrees, what do > they mean by this: do they mean "30 degrees below freezing", or literally > "-30 degrees F" (which is 62 deg below freezing) ?
Here in the U.S. the phrase "thirty degrees below zero" means exactly that, *below zero* - i.e. negative Fahrenheit temperatures (-30&#4294967295;F). Temperatures in the range 0&#4294967295;F to 32&#4294967295;F are simply referred to as "freezing" temperatures. A temperature of (plus) 30&#4294967295;F is "freezing" (or sometimes "below freezing") but not "below zero." Americans *are* rather slow to adapt. It could be worse, though. Engineers still use Roman Numerals in their reckoning. Tom Davidson Richmond, VA
Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III wrote:
> "Kelvin" <kelvin_xq@yahoo.com> wrote in message > >> What I need is a minituare temperature sensor that can sense the >> room temperature between 10C to 40C, precision of up to 0.1C. > > Dallas do a little 8-pin thing, with I2C interface. > > There's also a 3-pin LM?35? give a voltage out proportional to > temperature. (One variant has an offset to allow -ve temperatures) > > Aside: when the Americans say e.g. "thirty degrees below zero", as > they use the Fahrenheit scale, where freezing point is 32 degrees, > what do they mean by this: do they mean "30 degrees below freezing", > or literally "-30 degrees F" (which is 62 deg below freezing) ?
In this case the OP did specify "10C to 40C". Most general purpose band-gap voltage standard generators (which I believe includes the LM??? mentioned above) also deliver a signal proportional to temperature over some range. All the OP is likely to need is some form of A/D conversion for this essentially DC signal. The sensor will already supply both the signal and the reference voltage. -- "I support the Red Sox and any team that beats the Yankees" "Any baby snookums can be a Yankee fan, it takes real moral fiber to be a Red Sox fan"

Memfault Beyond the Launch