PIC18F4550

Started by Martin Charlwood February 9, 2007
Hi,
Anyone know how to program a PIC18F4550 using a TOP2048 programmer? The
device is not supported directly just wondered if it's possible to use a
similar memory configuration.

All ideas welcome, if worse comes to worse I will have to use ICSP.

Regards.
Martin

I can't help with the TOP2048 but if that doesn't work out and you're forced to buy something for ICSP then consider the ICD-S40 from CCS: http://www.ccsinfo.com/content.php?page=ICD It costs $75 and here is the list of devices it supports: http://www.ccsinfo.com/devices.php?page=icddevices with more devices being added as they come out. We've already bought two of these things and I've used mine on 7 or 8 different types of PICs including the 18F4550 without any problems. --Tom.
If you are using pics for work, why wouldn't you just buy a microchip icd2 and avoid hassles ? http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010046&part=DV164005 http://www.microchipdirect.com/ProductSearch.aspx?Keywords=DV164005 I have never had a single bit of trouble with an icd2, works very well. Would be nice to have linux/mac support. I wish other manufacturers provided as trouble free programmers and didn't keep upgrading thier programmer hardware Alex