Atmel AVR programming cable

Started by SneakerNet October 4, 2004
Hello Ppl

I am making my own programming cable for Atmel AVRs. After some goggling I
came across this site
http://wiredworld.tripod.com/tronics/atmel_isp.html

I assembled the circuit, the only diff being that that the buffer on the
site is a 74ls245 and the one I am using is a 74ls245n.
I am sure that 'n' should make no difference. Anway I just cannot get my
circuit to work. I need a programming dongle to program my AVR.

Someone pls advice
Regards

See the parallel port programming cable and PPPT utility here: http://www.picoweb.net/downloads.html For that matter, the whole broadboard project is neat too. Or for USD$79 you can buy the whole Atmel STK500 kit, use it for development, and also program other AVR project boards.
www.olimex.com/dev/ check for simpler schematics Best regards Tsvetan --- PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb) PCB any volume assembly (http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html) Development boards for ARM, AVR, PIC, and MSP430 (http://www.olimex.com/dev)