Image display

Started by eeh June 4, 2007
Hi,

I want to know who knows whether there is already a project done to
load a color jpeg or a color gif image file from a SD memory card and
display it to a TFT panel. If yes, please give the web link to me for
reference. The MCU used is 8-bits.

Thanks!

"eeh" <terrylaiiloveu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I want to know who knows whether there is already a project done to > load a color jpeg or a color gif image file from a SD memory card and > display it to a TFT panel. If yes, please give the web link to me for > reference. The MCU used is 8-bits. > > Thanks!
www.redhat.com Probably a bit of a squeeze on an 8-bit though ;-) Lewin's DosFS (www.zws.com) will handle reading the file - you will have to provide an SD driver but google will provide the method of interfacing and there is not too much to it. As for displaying the picture then use an RLE encoded bitmap because it is simpler than gif/jpeg and just copy the decoded bytes to your frame buffer. Voila. Alternatively the nice people at Segger will provide you with all the code you'll need but it will not be cheap.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference